Thursday, January 19, 2017

This post will be one I will update as needed...

 I am testing a couple of issues so far.  
1. Left menu drag and drop not always working
2. Cannot change the text color of the left menu.  (This is a known issue.)
.

I am classification issues in 3 categories
I. Annoying but Have Options to Achieve Goal
II. Pain Point
III. Deal Breaker

For the issues we have found so far with SaaS

I. Annoying but Have Options to Achieve Goal
1. In System Admin > Courses > Show All does not work.  
        Have shared this issue with our BBPM.  Apparently it is a known issue.
2. Cannot change the text color of the left menu.  (This is a known issue.)
3. Left menu drag and drop not always working.  Had a ticket in with Support but they could not make it fail so we are monitoring for now.
   

II. Pain Point
1. My Media module keeps disappearing from the institution tab.  Blackboard Support has teams working on this one.  We asked Kaltura to help and their response is it is a Blackboard problem.

2. My custom theme, my 2 small image files for "Brand" our environment so users know they are at Saint Mary's cannot be used because of there the files live in the cloud and slows down performance, way, way down!  
Support is trying to find a safe location to move the files but they tell me it will take time like weeks!
For now, I have to use a generic 2012 theme.  No banners.  This is a visual change that I have to make my users aware of it.  I do not understand how this has not been discovered before.


III. Deal Breaker
1. Kaltura videos inside of courses will not display.  The thumbnail will,display, but when one
    clicks the button to Play video, it would not.  

    RESOLVED!
    Tier II Support found the problem and within 2 hours, had a script to fix the problem.

2. Math Editor is not working #02439227
  RESOLVED!
    Tier II Support resolved the problem with 24 hours.  

This post last updated on January 31, 2017

4 comments:

  1. I'd like to borrow your classification table if I may. That is a brilliant way to bring humor to situations that could be stress inducing. One might say the people who create some of these problems could be labeled this way too. HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy - we moved to Saas last summer...regarding the drag-n-drop menu functionality...using the "keyboard accessibility reordering" tool (just above the navigation buttons) to move the menu items is a more stable method.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cynthia,
      Yes, I am aware of the arrows but until now, drag/drop has been a well-used feature for my faculty. As noted it is not a deal breaker and we have seen an improvement in the function! Good news for us!

      Delete