Thursday, January 19, 2017

January 19, 2017 - We are still struggling with the My Media module not operating as it should in Blackboard.  Bb Support has had teams researching the problem and asked me to ask Kaltura to help.  It took a long time to get a response to my tickets with Kaltura and today the "customer care" person from Kaltura reported back it was a problem with Blackboard.  

I had to ask that the focus please be placed on resolving the issue and not on pointing fingers.  Not very professional when you are supposed to be company partners.

2 comments:

  1. Kathy,

    How do you feel about no longer having access to administer Building Blocks in-house with Saas? This worries me greatly and terrifies me that Bb will not be proactive, supportive, or even helpful in making sure that our current Building Blocks move over, function correctly, and are updated as needed.

    Thanks for your blog and insight.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth,
      But I do "administer" building blocks. I just do not have to worry about adding them and any dependencies. That was so time-consuming and the first question asked by Support if you had a problem. I kept a spreadsheet and worked hard to keep up with the maintenance document. Now, Blackboard takes care of that and if there a building I do not wish to use, I have the ability to make it unavailable or inactive. This part I LOVE!!!

      Delete