Thursday, January 19, 2017

January 17, 2017 - The Cloud Clogged
It is the 2nd day of our semester and many courses are meeting for the first time this semester.  I starting receiving complaints that Blackboard was running slower and slower.
I sat and watched as the system got slower and slower.  I reached out to Support and found out that Amazon Web Services was jammed up.  Who would ever think AWS would have such as issue!

I email the faculty with the subject line "The Cloud is Clogged".  At some point you just have to laugh.  I placed an announcement on the log-in page to Blackboard.  

Bb Support did a great job of keeping up up-to-date on the issue.  We were back operational within a couple of hours but the system was still slow.  By 6:15 PM that evening it was fast and steady.  

It is interesting to note even the might Cloud can jam up.

No comments:

Post a Comment