Tuesday, January 31, 2017

February 7, 2017 - Themes  problem in SaaS.
I first posted about this a week ago and didn't want to update it until we have a fix.  Even though we are "running" okay for now, we are not where I want us to be.

I have always kept our Blackboard system very "vanilla".  When it came to branding, all I did was change the colors of the 2012 theme to use Saint Mary's colors, added the 1x1 transparency image to get rid of the pixeled plus sign Blackboard icons and a banner image file for the top frame so users knew they were at Saint Mary's.

We have been experiencing periods of slowness. Like 20 to 45 seconds to open a link, tool, etc.  For a cloud environment, that shouldn't happen.  

I put in a ticket and it was discovered that my 2 little image files are living on a part of the SaaS environment that is then populating, deploying every time someone clicks on something in a course.  So, the more users on the system, the more areas navigated in a course, the slower the system gets!

Moving my 2 files to a different location appears not to be a quick fix so.... I am having to use a Bb default 2012 theme and I cannot brand the theme to look the way I want.

So, I had to send yet another email to the faculty explaining I have to make the visual change, reassure them, nothing content-wise will be touched and say yet again, I am so sorry.

I do trust Blackboard will find a way to give me my branding back but how this wasn't discovered until now I do not understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment