Tuesday, January 10, 2017

January 10, 2017 - Configuration Change Needed

January 10, 2017 - Pay Attention to this One!!!   Configuration Change Needed
The Math Editor is very important to many of our faculty.  From the first day of our new SaaS environment, I have been testing and testing the Math Editor.

When our SaaS environments were first created the domain was blackboard.com.  We wanted it to be saintmarys.edu and we were told that was possible.  However, when we switched our domain from blackboard to saintmarys, the Math Editor stopped working.  I had an instructor discover the Math Editor window would launch but none of the tools were visible.  I put in a ticket with Support then called in and was told their would work on it immediately.  It had to go to Tier II and the problem was solved within 24 hours.

Please note, that while the configuration was being changed, access to content was lost (not a good thing since I was teaching a workshop to faculty about using Blackboard) and those faculty who had the My Media module deployed lost it.  Each instructor will have 
re-add the My Media module back to our My Institution tab.  

I was assured this information was being added to the project plan "playbook" for future SaaS installations.  

Keeping all in perspective, these are not hard fixes.  It is important to let your users know there will be hiccups and glitches.  What you want to avoid is anything worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment