Monday, November 28, 2016

November 8, 2016 - Kaltura Problem Found and Fixed

In my weekly meeting with Lukas, our Bb PM we talked about the problem with Kaltura.  I am very worried.  Lukas asked me to put in a ticket with Support.  He also suggested we might have to do a new migration to resolve the issue.  I have done a ton of work and really do not want to have to go through a whole new migration.

The Kaltura rep suggested we restart the servers.  Lukas did that for us and no change.

I put in the ticket with Support.  Support came back with a solution to re-link the video.  To be fair to the Support technician, he didn't understand from the case that we had 2,500 videos with the problem.  He sent it to Tier II.

Meanwhile, "back at the ranch", my colleagues were peeling me off the ceiling.  How could I have missed checking the videos in the courses?  It is critical to check everything!

Tier II came through with information on the problem and a fix very quickly.  It turns out in our migration the database identifier did not translate correctly.  Tier II was able to write a query to deploy system wide.  

No comments:

Post a Comment