Monday, November 28, 2016

November 22, 2016 - Modules

Now that we have access to Communities, I want to build and use some custom modules and set up the institutional and course tabs with specific modules.  
We use 3 columns with the desire display of the following:

Institution tab - "My Bb Saint Mary's"
3 columns and 1 footer 

In left column from top to bottom: 
My Announcements 
My Media 
My Messages 

Center Column 
My Courses 

Right Column 
Video Tutorials 
What's New 
To Do 
Alerts 
Needs Attention 
Footer is Dictionary 


Course Tab - In left column from top to bottom: 
My Announcements 
My Messages 

Center Column 
My Courses 

Right Column 
What's New 
To Do 


Logged in with my username as a system admin, I was seeing the modules in a different order and I was seeing the Tools module.  I shouldn't since I had removed it as an option to view.

Logged in with a generic instructor role, I was seeing the modules in different columns.

I put in a ticket with Support and the technician went in and changed the settings for the tabs.  I responded and said no changes were to be made to our system without my permission.  He went in and changed the setting back but something happened and our branding changed again.  

I reached out to the leadership of Support with my concerns.  The case was reassigned and a note placed on our account that no changes are to be made without consulting us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment