Thursday, January 18, 2018

Building Content in Ultra Course View

Comparing functions in Ultra to what I am used to seeing in the original experience I am wishing for the following:
  • No easy navigation from document to document in a folder
  • In the text editor being able to:
    • align text
    • create/use a table
    • adjust the size of an image
  • Textbooks - I tried to the Content Market but I could not get anything to work (I may be missing a step)
  • Course banner - some of our faculty like to "jazz" up the course with a cool banner on the opening of their course
  • My faculty like the themes option so those will be missed.
There is no Contact tool so it would be great if the Profile for those with instructor roles would include the following on their profile in a class
  • Work number
  • Cell number
  • Twitter account
  • Office Hours
I submitted an Idea in the Bb Community site.  
Here is the link if anyone wants to agree or add to my suggestion.
 https://community.blackboard.com/ideas/2608-profiles-in-ultra-course-design

I am finding the course to look very "text heavy".  I am not seeing any options for images to peek users interest in the course.

1 comment:

  1. Kathy,

    Since you wrote this in January, have the missing functions in the text editor been added to the ultra course view?

    Thanks!

    Matt

    ReplyDelete